Monday, April 4, 2011

Sitting Figure


This is the latest assignment for my Digital Illustration class.

We were all given specific artists in our Life Drawing Class, and were to make two paintings.

One with Traditional Media for Life Drawing, and one in Digital Media for our Digital Illustration class.

The artist I was give was Eugène Delacroix.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eugene_Delacroix

Apparently we were each give our Masters Artist for a specific reason. I'm eager to find out why.

As for the piece itself, I'm very happy with it.

It didn't take quite as long as I would have though, I did this on just one sitting, which also explains why my background isn't too much besides colour.

But I really like the colour I used, as well as how the folds on the fabric turned out.

The eye stands out more than I'd like it too, but all in all, I'm very pleased with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment